sundaisies & doodlebugs -->

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Goodbye Maggie...


Well, today Maggie went to live with another family. It was a very difficult decision to make this week, one both Brad and I struggled to make. Maggie has been getting more and more aggressive at the front door lately. She has even growled at both Brad and I while we were trying to leave the house several times lately. On Thursday, she flat out attacked me at the door. She didn't bite me, but she sounded very mean and was coming at me. I had to push her back in with my foot. We don't think she'd bite someone, but we are unwilling to take that chance. One dog bite in our family by a family dog is enough for all of us for a lifetime. We could not live with ourselves. She went to a very nice older couple. They don't have as much activity around their home. They have a very large yard and allow their dogs to be part of the family inside their home. They have always had two dogs, but recently their older dog died. Their younger dog is very lonely. They own a small ranch syle home and property in Pomona along with Betsy (their border terrier) and their two cats. Although we are sad, we feel we did the right thing. It's just not worth the chance to us. I kept invisioning her snapping at Emily or Gracie and we can't have that. We will miss her.

2 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

Oh my, I am so sorry you had to do that. Now I kinda feel guilty for not being able to watch her at my house :(
Hopefully she will be very happy at her new home :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

I can certainly empathize with you sweetie. When I had to say goodbye to Gidget I thought I was going to die. I know You know you made the best choice for the circumstance. I believe in your decisions most of the time because I know you always ask the Father.
Blessings,
Mom

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home