sundaisies & doodlebugs -->

Friday, December 23, 2005

Black salt?

Okay, so I've been running so hard, or flat sick in bed, that I havn't blogged. I have about 3 backed up in my digital camera that I will get to very soon. For now, here's a funny story.
As you know, a couple of weeks ago Mom (Judy) was here for a visit. In one particularly slow day, she decided to help me out. She cleaned out my refrigerator, and my medicine cabinet, and anything else she could find. One of the things she cleaned was my white tupperware salt and pepper shakers. You know, they are the ones that we used to have way back when, but now we just take camping....the ones with the flip top lids? Anyway, Now instead of one being stained with pepper and the other one white from the salt, they are both white. Very white.
A couple of nights ago when Aimee was having her terrible, horrible, very bad, no good day, she came to my house very sick. Of course mamma was going to baby her a little bit. So, I made her cream of wheat. I went to sprinkle a little bit of salt into the milk I was heating, and was I surprised when the salt came out black!!!!! Yes, I did sprinkle pepper into her cream of wheat. You should have seen me trying to get it out with the paper towel. I finished that cream of wheat with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Hopefully, she didn't notice!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hehe too funny! I sure hope you're not all still sick tomorrow! We're looking forward to seeing everyone.

PS- Aimee: It's "you're" not "your". ;)

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS! sorry I didn't mean to upset mrs salt and mr pepper. I thought perhaps you were just too busy to see or even care which shaker was white and which was black. I am so sorry Aimee. However, even if Aimee tasted something different in the Cream Of Wheat she wouldn't have said anything to spoil the kindness her mother has bestowed upon her. Next.... the garage!
Blessings,
Mom

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

time for an update!

how's everything going?? :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home