sundaisies & doodlebugs -->

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sarah's New Teeth


Well, today was a big day for Sarah as we made the first of 3 major trips to the orthodontist for braces. Although she was very nervous, she did very well. I was proud of her as she endured an hour of cheek stretching, mouth drying, metal gluing, rubber band stuffing trauma! I thought she might lose it when the spacers were being shoved in her molars, but she didn't! She'll go back on the 29th for the wires and on December 7th to complete the job. We expect her to wear them 18-24 months. She'll only have top braces for about 4 months while they stretch her bottom jaw wider. When she is all done, there will be a hole next to her eye tooth, where the missing tooth is. For those of you who don't know, she was born with one less tooth than the rest of us. Her retainer will have a false tooth in it, and after awhile, we'll have to get her an implant. I offered her an out, but she was adamant about needing a great smile for her career choice of flight attendant!

3 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

Way to go Sarah! You are an inspiration for Matthew. He will get his sometime next year. We went to the dentisit today and he still has lots of baby teeth. They look great!!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I knew she was going to the ortho but I thought for a consultation! I had no idea she was already getting them. Way to go Sarah! :) I'm so proud of her. I know. It hurts like.. yeah. ;)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

OMG! I am weeping aloud! I can't believe my little grandbaby is growing so wonderfully. Even her smile looks different. She actually has cheeks. I love it and I love her and I love you, sweetie. Good work,
Blessings,

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home