sundaisies & doodlebugs -->

Sunday, October 30, 2005

pumpkin seed blunder

Okay, so Sarah and her new friend, Miranda carved their Halloween pumpkin yesterday. Then they left me with the pumpkin seeds for roasting. So....I called Joleen for instructions. I got the part about the 2 tablespoons of oil. I got the part about the salt. But did she say 4-5 minutes or 45 minutes? Can I tell you that 15 minutes into the roasting, I heard them popping in the oven. I said to Brad: "Are they supposed to do that?" He didn't know. Then about every 5 minutes after that, I kept checking on them. They sure didn't look right. About 30 minutes into the roasting, I could smell them.. That DEFINITELY wasn't right. So 30 minutes into the 45 I thought they were supposed to cook, I took them out. Yes, I even tasted them. BURNT! Don't tell Sarah, okay? Maybe she'll forget about them. :/

pumpkin seeds

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha, OMG! That totally stinks. I swear I baked mine for 45 minutes. You can smell them (yum!) and they were toasty brown but weren't burnt. Hmm, maybe your oven just cooks HOT? :) Better luck next time!

PS- Just go buy some seeds. Sarah will never know. ;)

6:16 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

O.M.G. that is sooo funny :) At least you got to roast your seeds, mine had already sprouted :)

I am with Joleen, go buy some!!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home