sundaisies & doodlebugs -->

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Meet Spencer...

Okay, since it's been so long since I've published anything, I thought I do two today! (You're impressed, aren't you?) Anyway, this is Spencer. Hopefully, he will become a permanent member of the Skeels' home. While I was at the hair salon yesterday, my hair dresser and I were talking. Seems she had just rescued this dog from the street about 3 weeks ago, and we were getting ready to adopt a dog in about 3 weeks. She hung "found" posters, placed an ad and asked around, but no one claimed him. Since she already has four dogs, two horses and two parrots, she could not keep this one. She also works for the Hesperia Zoo and trains productions pets including two baby tigers! She was willing to allow us to bring Spencer (she called him Spot) home to see how he and Buster would get along. Let me just tell you, that these two dogs were buddies from the moment they met, so we don't see a problem at all. Spencer is an English Pointer, about 2 years old. He has already been neutered, housebroken, and trained. He is extrememly docil, and very nice. It's funny, 'cause Buster is a tiny lap dog who thinks he's a big boy, and Spencer is a big boy who thinks he's a lap dog! I don't know what he weighs yet, but trust me....he's NOT a lap dog! The internet said this breed weighs from 44 to 60 pounds. His teeth and gums look wonderful and his coat shines beautifully. I can't believe no one is missing him, because someone took great care with him. Anyway, here are some pictures of him. Can't wait for you to meet him!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i am very surprised to read that you were going to be seeking out a dog in a few weeks. you guys confuse me! lol

he's cute.. seems friendly. i'm so glad buster likes his pal. :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Another dog? Are you crazy? Oh I forgot I was reading my sister Lisa's blog, of course you are crazy! hee hee

He looks like a very nice dog. Looking forward to meeting him :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

yep, I agree with Kimmy. You are crazy!!! Like you don't have enough to do. Just kidding because you know if I had the time and temperment I would not only get one dog but two!!!! Good luck, he's a cutie and I love the name. It's so British!!!
Blessings,

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home